Sorry for the delayed guide, but better late than never right? And there are after all 12 days of Christmas, so while there may not be time everywhere to order in time for the first day, you can still make it before the end. Buying underwear for someone is a very personal matter. Especially for guys, because (as much as I'd like to argue otherwise) they don't get new underwear all that often, so when they do it's important that it works for them and their body. That being said, many guys have a strong preference for what style (boxers, briefs, trunks, etc) of underwear they wear. Some don't care that much or may be happy with a number of different styles, but others care a lot. So make sure you know your man well before buying. Also, it is very important for you to make sure you know your man's size. What he wears in pants may not be the same as his underwear, so make sure you check. Also, snooping in his underwear drawer may not tell you the completely correct size as it's possible he may have some old undies lying around that no longer fit or never fit. If you aren't going to ask him outright, make sure you look at a pair that you know fits him well. It's important you get the right size because most places won't let you return it.
That being said, underwear is a great gift for the holidays and many people love to give and receive it! So once you've figured out what style and size of underwear your man needs, there's still a whole lot to choose from. I've broken it down for you based on the personality/type of man who might like to wear each pair. Use this holiday underwear buying guide as a jumping off point for what to get your man. While some of these undies may seem a little expensive to you, you're paying for quality so they're worth it.
This year I have a great list for you, I believe I've only mentioned one of these brands before. So in addition to being a great gifting guide, this is also a good guide of some new brands to try for yourself.
For the Classic Man:
- This category is for the guy who likes to keep it simple. He's not opposed to something with style, but he likes his comfort first.
- Undz is a newer brand on the scene. They are very basic but still funky and stylish. Also, one of my favorite parts of them is they don't cost a lot ($4.99 a piece). So if your man needs lots of new undies, this is perfect. I personally really like their briefs.
- Another brand that I'm really loving lately is Naked. They make very simple yet comfortable undies. When I wear these I feel like I'm, well naked. They truly feel like you're wearing nothing. I personally really like their boxerbrief fit (shown).
For the Lover/Boyfriend:
|Body Aware Curacao briefs.|
- This category is for that special guy in your life - or just that guy you know will appreciate sexy undies. But as I've mentioned before: know your guy; not all guys like sexy undies.
- I brand that has recently come to my attention is TBJON. They specialize in really sexy undies meant for your sexy activities. I really love their thongs. The lyte and kol styles are great.
- A new brand that makes some pretty sexy undies is Mckillop. They only make jockstraps and pouches (jockstraps without straps). I really dig their colorful power jocks - currently on sale for $15.
- And finally, a really sexy line is Body Aware, which has recently come to my attention. There's an exhaustive catalog - they've really got something sexy for everybody. Personally I really dig the Curacao briefs (shown). But there's a ton to search through there, so go check it out!
The Fun Guy:
|Marek+Richard Underdog brief.|
- This category is for the guy who likes to have fun. He's adventurous and not afraid to take risks. That goes for his fashion choices as well. He's daring and confident in his appearance.
- A new brand hailing from the UK is Bum-Chums. These undies are really fun and colorful. They have bright colors in their Fruity collection and metallic fabrics in their Celestial collection. These undies are for the guy that loves to have fun in (with) his pants choice.
- A new-comer on the scene is Marek+Richard. The company was founded earlier this year by two young fashion designers who met while studying at school together. I really love their fun new take on things. Especially loving their underdog brief (shown) that combines mesh and cotton jersey for a very unique, runway look. Also they're currently having a sale.
The Fashionable Guy:
- This category is for the guy that's all about style. He's all about refinement but also isn't afraid to have a little fun with his fashion choices.
- My first selection comes from Spanish brand XTG Extreme Game, a clothing brand specializing in daring designs. I really love the subtle refinement that this brand brings to many of their undies. I really love their blackletter brief. It's a really fun fabric that is lightweight and semi-transparent. Very fashionable and refined.
- While far from new, I'm always a fan of DT Clothes (formerly known as DT Jocks). They have some really fun and funky asymmetric undies that are very fashion-forward in my opinion.
So there you have it folks, those are my suggestions for what to get your man this holiday season. Happy shopping!